Following its world premiere at the world-renowned Concours d’Elegance event in Pebble Beach, Calif., and a follow-up appearance at the recent Los Angeles Auto Show, the all-new 2013 Lexus GS 350 sport sedan is now scheduled to reach dealerships in February of next year at Chicago Lexus and local Lexus dealers.
- 3.5-liters of V6 motivation that translates 306 hp into a 0-60 time of just 5.7 seconds
- A refined, aggressive stance that reflects the car’s precision handling and superior driving dynamics
- Luxurious interior appointments, including LED ambient lighting, three separate types of wood trim and meticulously detailed contrast stitching
- Rear- and all-wheel-drive configurations
- The first application of the next-gen Lexus Enform with Safety Connect multimedia system, offering access (via smartphone) to apps like Bing, OpenTable, MovieTickets.com, Pandora Internet radio, iHeartRadio, Facebook and Yelp, along with SMS text-to-speech functionality, DVD audio and video compatibility, HD Radio with iTunes tagging, and a three-month trial subscription to SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Then, later in 2012, Lexus also will bring the GS 450h hybrid to the marketplace. Dealerships In Richmond VA said the GS 450h will pack the power of a V8—with a combined 338 hp—yet is still expected to deliver EPA ratings of 29 mpg city/34 mpg highway/31 mpg combined.
And nearly as impressive as the car itself will be Lexus’ efforts to support its launch. According to a Sterling Lexus Dealer, The brand-new GS will be the focal point of the Lexus’ first-ever Super Bowl commercial, while the division also will heat up the car’s sales debut by becoming the Official Automotive Marketing Partner of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.
“The launch of the all-new Lexus GS is so big that nothing short of the Super Bowl and the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition would do it justice,” said Mark Templin, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “We’ll also support the launch with a strong presence across all media, including a Consumer Performance Drive tour to encourage hands-on experience with the 2013 Lexus GS.”